Behind the scenes at partner CIC biomaGUNE
We took a look behind the scenes at the facilities of our partner CIC biomaGUNE in Donostia-San Sebastián, Spain, where we got to see the synthesis of gold nanoparticles, among other processes. Take a look!
1. The facilities of Center for Cooperative Research in Biomaterials- CIC biomaGUNE, located in the Science and Technology Park of Donostia-San Sebastián.
2. Demonstrating the synthesis of their highly monodisperse, spherical gold nanoparticles.
3. Rapid functionalization of the gold NPs with ssDNA strands by freezing them in liquid nitrogen.
4. The gold NPs display a distinct red color due to their plasmonic absorption, which is key to our SERS sensing strategy.
5. CIC biomaGUNE’s very own 3400 DNA synthesizer, for the development of a multifunctional DNA aptamer bioRE and the functionalization of the gold NPs with ssDNA.
Thanks to our colleagues for the tour!